Sunday 21 June 2009

Desperately Seeking Susan...

Or Brian, or Terry, or Duncan, or Phylis... Yes, we are looking for someone, a Stage Manager to be precise.

So, if you are, or know someone who is, a stage manager then come a be a stage manager in the same room that we're being actors, writers, directors and that.

Here's a link you can pass on (please note, I put 'date time', instead of 'day time' - I'm not using this to get dates, it was a genuine error, or Freudian slip).

I'm doing rewrites today, mainly edits, mainly getting rid of my excessive stage directions. Example:

DON: Here's your drink

HE GIVES THE LAD A GLASS

THE LAD: Thanks.

HE DRINKS.

DON: You staying long.

DON RUBS HIS LEFT EYE. THE LAD TIES HIS RIGHT SHOELACE.

Well, not really, but they're not far off.

Hopefully, we should have a lovely little website in a week or so, if I can convince Paul Gorton that my play is more important that his PhD... I can't, it isn't, he won't.

Well then, back to the script and my big DELETE button...

No comments:

Post a Comment